Saturday, August 13, 2011

It has come to an end

Friday morning began with a trip back to Grandma and Grandpa.  It was so wonderful to get to visit with them so many times.  We showed them some of our pictures from the trip, and got a few more pictures with them. 

Before leaving town, Uncle Bobby told us we needed to stop and eat at the Bowpicker.  They make only one thing- fish and chips.  It was delicious!  And I'm not a fish fan, either.  We ate it so quick we forgot to get a picture of the food.
After lunch, we headed out.  We drove down the coast to Tillamook, stopping at a gorgeous scenic overlook along the way. 


Then it was on to the cheese factory.  Luke really likes Tillamook cheese, so we stopped and bought some. 
After that, we headed to Beaverton, OR to visit with Uncle Roger and Aunt Mary Ann.  It was so good to meet them.  We went to dinner at Red Robin, but forgot to get a picture with them.  They showed us around where they work, and then we headed to the airport.  On the way, I checked to make sure our flight was leaving on time.  We were scheduled to leave at 10:49pm.  We were delayed until 12:30am, but made it to Detroit in time for our next flight!  We got home around 9:30 in the morning, and I settled in for a nice nap.  I am happy to say, though, that as I write this, all the laundry is clean!  It was a great trip, but equally good to be back home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment