Day Two in Seattle began quite early, at about 12:15 am thanks to the slightly inebriated neighbors. Thankfully they settled down around 2 am and we were able to sleep until 8. After getting ready, we headed out for the day. First stop was Meredith's house from Grey's Anatomy. Like I mentioned yesterday, the show is not filmed here, but the outside of the home does exist at 303 Comstock. I was very excited to get a picture!
The home is located on top of Queen Anne Hill, providing some gorgeous views of the city. The Seattle skyline is still fairly foggy in the morning, but we were still able to get some pictures.
After enjoying the view for a bit, we were headed to Pikes Place Market. I have been very excited to go here to see the fish market. I have heard great things about it, even though I do not like fish! There were so many great vendors, and many pictures to be had. Luke took many more pictures than I did, so you'll have to check out facebook for more. I did manage to get some pictures of Luke at the original Starbucks, something he has been looking forward to greatly!
Between the street vendors, performers, and atmosphere, we had a great time! It was then time to head to the Space Needle, built for the World's Fair in the 1960's. The line was about an hour long, which gave the sky time to clear beautifully!
 |
| This picture, as well as the next, took WAY too much work to get right, but I think they are worth it. |
Finally, after many hours of walking around and seeing sights, it was time for dinner. We hit up the Crab Pot, which Luke was pretty excited about. Man vs. Food had been there a while back, and Luke was happy to visit. Warning: graphic images follow. Those that know me well know that I do not like seafood, especially served whole in front of you. Tonight was no exception. I ate my hamburger quickly to avoid any adverse seafood reaction from the other side of the table. Luke said it was well worth the work he had to put into dinner.
 |
| Note that the food is literally set on the table... Luke was in heaven! |
 |
| Harry got thirsty!! |
 |
| The goods at the end |
Overall we have enjoyed our time in Seattle, but have decided we are not big city people. We are looking forward to heading to Astoria, OR tomorrow to see family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment